About the Hospital
The not-for-profit hospital corporation, commonly known as United Medical Center or UMC, is a District of Columbia government hospital (not a private 501(c)(3) entity) serving Southeast DC and surrounding Maryland communities.
Year Opened: 1966
United Medical Center is dedicated to the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted in our care.
- UMC is an efficient, patient-focused, provider of high quality health care the community needs.
- UMC will employ innovative approaches that yield excellent experiences.
- UMC will improve the lives of District residents by providing high value, integrated and patient-centered services.
- UMC will empower health care professionals to live up to their potential to benefit our patients.
- UMC will collaborate with others to provide high value, integrated and patient-centered services.